As a sustainable waste product of wheat grass agriculture and wheat production, wheat straw is a malleable plant material derived from agricultural waste that can be easily shaped into a diverse range of products. Moreover, wheat straw is an upcoming material that uses only heat and water in production, is toxin free, and can be composted after use.
Wheat straw offers several benefits for food service products. It is sturdy, strong, and is able to retain its properties when frozen or microwaved. This lends itself to numerous products and here at Carry we offer an extensive range of these options such as clamshell boxes and other containers. Our products are stackable, compostable, biodegradable, and microwavable.
Production of Wheat Straw
Wheat straw is a byproduct from growing wheat grain. It’s the dry stalk plant residue left behind after the harvest of grain. Traditionally, it has been treated as a waste by harvesters. In some countries, farmers burn it, contributing to air pollution and creating a health hazard. However, these stalks still have value. Once the wheat has been harvested, our manufactures dry and shop the residue fibers. After this process, the mix is added to water and molded into the shape of our desired products. This process is called wet-molding.
- Wheat straw entirely biodegradable. It will take from 20 to 60 days for wheat straw products to turn into usable compost.
- Wheat straw is a renewable alternative, its production does not require any harmful chemical toxins.
- Products made from wheat straw are naturally anti-bacterial and anti-odor.
- Wheat Straw is a non-porous material; it means it does not become soggy. Our range of wheat straw products are leak-proof.
- These natural materials can endure high temperatures up to 100 degrees Celsius. This makes our Carry wheat straw products microwavable.
Wheat straw products contribute to a circular economy. Indeed a circular economy encourages the concept of reduce, reuse, and recycle. After the utilization of this material’s products, they are broken down into compost by composting companies. This in turn can be used to improve the soil quality of wheat landfills, closing the loop on these products waste.
As you already know, Carry’s main goals are sustainability and environmentally conscious designs, this is why we have a variety of our products manufactured with this material. You can pick your favorite wheat straw take out clamshells, bowls and soon plates and cutlery from our shop. And make sure you also benefit from our 25% discount launch offer if you still haven’t.